Being a blogger isn’t hard. Being a pro blogger isn’t that difficult either. In this post we’re going to talk about the foundational pillars of successful bloggers – these are the things that nearly every successful blogger has in common. Follow these steps and you can have a successful blogging career as well.
1) Consistency – Blog everyday… or at least almost every day. Heck, if you have the time, blog twice a day. As long as you are creating quality content that is actually worth reading, create as much as you can. Especially when starting out though, don’t overdue it. One blog post a day is plenty until you get into a rhythm.
2) Research – Good bloggers know their industry and are able to communicate fluently about it. Research will help to improve your knowledge of your niche, give you more ideas for things to write about, and will help ensure that the quality of your posts are top notch. Some of the best written posts are well researched ones.
3) Community Involvement – Don’t stay in your own bubble. Instead, interact with other bloggers in your niche. Reach out to them via social media and in their blog comments and build relationships. Don’t be afraid to praise people or to disagree with them. Just be you, but be be involved.
4) Be Cool – Your writing should have some personality to it! Entertainers get huge audiences so the more we entertain, the more likely our audiences are to read our stuff. And in addition to that, just be cool. Give stuff away, acknowledge your followers in your posts or via social media, and help to provide a sense of community to your audience. They’ll love you for it, and your audience will probably grow.
5) Don’t Quit – Whether you’re in it for the experience, the money, or the thrill – don’t quit on yourself or your audience. If you’re just getting started, it’ll probably take some time to get traction. That’s okay. Rome wasn’t built in a day. Just stay consistent, keep learning, get involved with your community, and be awesome. overtime you’ll build a following and it’ll be worth it.